Here is Marty Zigman’s biography in PDF format.
Marty is the consummate IT entrepreneur providing expert support to strategically leverage innovative information technology for businesses. ¬†He helps his clients implement fully-integrated, cloud based solutions.
Marty Zigman produces solutions for small and medium sized businesses ($10M to $500M) who are experiencing advanced growth and who seek to produce operational excellence. ¬†He holds a deep technical understanding with a unique talent for integrating IT with business strategy.
Since 2004, Marty has been the founder of Prolecto Resources, a consultancy serving small to medium sized businesses.¬† Prolecto specializes in holding trusted advisor capacities for its clients.¬† Through strategic roles within client organizations, Marty, and members of his team, is consulted for advice on how information technology can extend the business strategy. In many ways he acts as their Chief Technology Officer (CTO) or Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Marty’s philosophy encompasses three main themes.¬† The first is called “Cloud Computing” which means using and extending business applications over the internet to dramatically lower costs.¬† The traditional models of buying, installing, and maintaining (equipment, operating systems, and infrastructure) is often capital intensive and prohibitively expensive for mid size companies.
The second theme is to leverage fully-integrated business applications.¬† Many organizations naturally develop a myriad of systems to “solve the immediate problems” common during business growth.¬† Unfortunately, this has a chronic side-effect to constrain execution capacity because the low-value work required keeping information synced between systems. These non-integrated systems also introduce latency and limit capability to produce meaningful assessments of business performance. Marty brings a well-planned and designed method that helps companies transition to integrated systems. These systems can significantly enhance capacity and bring productivity through effective and efficient coordination practices including real-time information availability.
Finally, the third theme is about adopting platforms that are designed to be extended to develop competitive advantages. ¬†Most companies just use software; but what they may not realize is that the real purpose of software is to invent with it to make business faster, smarter and ultimately more money. ¬†The best platforms invite modification and enhancement to enable new revenue opportunities.
Because of these three themes, Marty Zigman and his team at Prolecto Resources are a NetSuite Systems Integrator. ¬†NetSuite is the leading business management platform that delivers on our vision. ¬†We are experts in NetSuite and have demonstrated accomplishments of well run implementations and extensions that have generated new revenue.
Prior to founding Prolecto Marty held a number of key roles that shaped his development as a professional:
- Marty was the CTO of a publicly-traded interactive media firm offering Fortune 500 companies Branded Entertainment, AdverGame and CRM solutions.¬† Under his leadership, the team built next-generation marketing applications that leveraged entertainment based content to solve important marketing and educational objectives.
- Marty successfully built and sold InterScore, an eCommerce consulting and web-survey company.¬† During this period, he and his professional team architected Bank of America’s eStore solution offering merchants online stores, shopping carts, payment gateways, and integrated order management / bank deposit systems.¬† The bank’s system processed over $1.6 billion in annual eCommerce order revenue.
- Before founding InterScore, Marty led the delivery of a sales force automation (SFA) solution to a 3,000 member financial broker / dealer company.
- Prior to this, at Deloitte & Touche LLP, Marty gained excellent cross-industry experience where he earned his CPA while specializing in the selection and implementation of customized ERP systems.
- Early on, Marty had a number of small business clients where he built office automation solutions and custom database applications while he earned his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with Summa Cum Laude distinction.
Marty belongs to a number of ambitious local Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, and Ventura County) groups dedicated to community development.¬† He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Sherri, and their eight-year old daughter, Aliya.