Content Renderer Engine with Locale Content Generation
To solve the client’s concerns, we extended our Content Renderer Engine application to include a complete Locale based sub system. ¬†Anyone seeking to produce flexible yet easy to maintain content understands the challenge to get content to present correctly without having a locale system. ¬†Here are the key capacities that pull it all together:
- Countries: ¬†NetSuite’s built-in country list doesn’t allow extension for additional attributes. ¬†So we supply¬†a table of all countries with standard country code and telephone prefixes. ¬†Edit and extend as you need to.
- Locales: Others have solved the problem of different regional language dialects using international locale codes. ¬† ¬†We simply bring that concept into a locale table that allows for adaptation as needed.
- Locale Elements: We developed a database sub system within NetSuite that allows the definition of terms in a locale specific context. ¬†Think of it as a dictionary of terms expressed in multiple languages.
- Locale Template Functions: ¬†Content is developed using familiar Advanced PDF techniques; however now you can reference your dictionary of user-defined terms which then can be translated into any language. No more hard coding into templates different language content.
- Locale Formatting Functions: Not only must content be expressed in different languages, numbers and dates must also be formatted for presentation specific to a person (entity)’s locale preference.
Example Template with Locale Based Function
To help illustrate the concept, below is a basic HTML template that is driven by the locale system. ¬†The content developer thinks in terms of dictionary terms and layout. ¬†While another business user (typically the Marketing department) can work on developing the locale based content. ¬†The key here is that we supply localized based functions and you can reference made-up dictionary terms that pull locale content out of the custom database. ¬†Thus, your content is a combination of NetSuite business data (such as transaction number, item, price, shipping address) and locale content (such as the labels on an order: Name, Item, Description, Quantity in English or¬†Nombre, Art√≠culo, Descripci√≥n, Cantidad in Spanish).
Get the Locale Based Content Renderer Engine