NetSuite Certified Administrator Beta Exam

This article is relevant if you are seeking to take NetSuite’s Administrator Certification Exam.

Background

I recently finished taking NetSuite’s ERP Certification exam and posted an article here.  I was invited to take NetSuite’s Administrator Beta exam to help NetSuite’s Certification team refine their questions and assess how well their exam works.  While I don’t really act as an Adminstrator as I am a consultant to my clients, the ideas behind NetSuite Administration are important to understand.

NetSuite naturally has asked that I do not reveal any of the test questions and their content.  But I can share my personal experience.

Administrator Exam Observations

The exam included 180 questions and four hours was alloted to complete.  I finished the exam well within the time alloted.  I believe the questions represented important concepts that NetSuite Administrators should know.

I saw some opportunities to improve my skills while taking the exam:

1. Workflows:  I am competent at NetSuite’s SuiteScript; I have not taken the time to learn NetSuite Workflows as I consider that I have all the capacity I need to exploit the SuiteCloud platform with JavaScript.  Some members of my team have workflow skills so I think we are covered.
  2. Audit Capacities: I don’t use the tools often to audit what is going on the application relative to use.  The only time I focus there is when our clients present performance challenges.  I suspect it would be good to better understand audit and inspect tool capacities.
My impression is NetSuite will shorten the exam length and refine the questions.  But overall, I think it was a satisifactory test for any NetSuite Administrator.  If you are holding the NetSuite Administrator role within your company, I encourage you to take the exam when it becomes available; the certification distinction will likely be valuable in the jobs market if you decide to consider alternative employment.

Be Sociable, Share!

Marty Zigman

Holding all three official certifications, Marty is Southern California's NetSuite expert and leads a team of senior professionals at Prolecto Resources, Inc. He is a former Deloitte & Touche CPA and has held CTO roles. For over 25 years, Marty has produced leadership in ERP, CRM and eCommerce business systems. Contact Marty to setup a conversation.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - LinkedIn - Google Plus - YouTube

| Tags: , , , , | Category: Infrastructure, NetSuite | 8 Comments

7 Comments

1. Corey
    Posted June 16, 2014 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Did you pass it?

2. Melody Wagner
    Posted June 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this update. I’ve completed the ERP Consultant Certification and will be taking the Certified Administrator Beta test later this week.

If you pursue the Certified Developer Test, will you please give your personal insights on that exam as well. My goal is to take that exam in Q4.

3. Posted July 30, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Hi Corey,

Just got word today that I passed the NetSuite Administrator exam. No details on the specifics as it is their policy to stay quiet. I will now plan to take the NetSuite SuiteScript Developer exam.

Marty

4. Posted December 8, 2014 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Hi Marty,

That’s nice. Many many congratulations.
    I am planning for Suite Foundation exam.

Any suggestion on this???

Regards,
    Asha

5. Posted December 9, 2014 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

I suggest you take the exam now before the end of 2014 so that you can take advantage of the free “retake exam voucher” just in case you do not pass. You will learn all about the exam this way.

Good luck.

Marty

6. Andre Shilenko
    Posted April 11, 2016 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Marty, thanks for sharing your thoughts. What literature would you recommend for preparation to ERP Consultant Certification exam? Thank you in advance. Andre.

7. Posted April 17, 2016 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Hi Andre,

I don’t have specific recommendations. I find NetSutie Help and actual hands-on practice with the tool is what is needed to succeed. I suspect others may have thinking.

Marty

One Trackback

1. […] was well balanced and followed in similar fashion to my experiences with the ERP Consultant and Administrator exams.  I can confidently say there is no way to pass any of these exams without hands on use of […]