In my article NetSuite Delivers on ODBC, discussions have helped a number of NetSuite Administrators get ODBC connected. Yet, with Windows 7 (and possibly Windows Eight) growing in popularity including 64 bit machine architectures, the setup is more complicated. ¬†Normally, you need to go to NetSuite Support to get the instructions. ¬†I am including them here because at the time of this writing, it is not clear how to perform the setup from their instructions.
Download DataDirect 64bit Drivers
The NetSuite ODBC driver leverages the DataDirect ODBC driver set. ¬†Download the 7.0 drivers here and install them on the target 64 bit machine.
Add NetSuite License File
NetSuite will provide you with a¬†oaodbc64.lic file that will replace the evaluation version located at¬†the Program Files > DataDirect > oaodbc700 file directory. ¬†Given this license file is proprietary, I will not post it here. ¬†However, contact me and I can provide you the license file.
Configure the ODBC Configuration
Here is where it gets a little tricky. ¬†You will need to define an ODBC connection manually. ¬†Here is what you need to do.
- Run¬†%windir%\system32\odbcad32.exe to start the Windows Data Sources (ODBC) manager.
- Select a User DSN or System DSN and then click Add. ¬†You should be presented with a dialog ¬†as illustrated. ¬†Select the DataDirect driver.
- Include the following information parameters. The key components are the Service Host (varies if you are trying to get to the Production or Sandbox environments), the Service Port (1708) and the Service Data Source (“Netsuite.com”). ¬† See dialog.
- Select the Security tab and turn on Encrypted SSL. See dialog.
- Finally, Test Connect and you should be prompted for a user name and password.
- Resolving ODBC 64 bit Driver References
- SQL Reporting on NetSuite Data Step-By-Step
- Connecting ODBC to Multiple NetSuite Accounts
- NetSuite ODBC: ‚ÄúYou Don‚Äôt Have Permission to Use ODBC.‚ÄĚ
- Extract NetSuite Data for Backup and Reporting
- Warning: SQL Server Linked Server to NetSuite Issues
- Considering Producing NetSuite Financial Statements using Third Party Tools?